Monday, May 25, 2020

Advertisement and the Impact of the Human Nervous System

An ad that sticks out to me a lot is the Haribo Gold Gummy Bears commercial. They are promoting gummy bears. I am not even a fan of gummy bears but every time I see this commercial, I want to go buy some! The reason it sticks out to me the most is because you see a group of adults who look like they are in a serious business meeting sitting around a table. When they start to talk you hear little kids’ voices. Each adult has a voiceover of a little kid and they are trying to sell the gummy bears. It makes me laugh all the time because they even use grammar like little children would use. One guy is saying the red gummy bear is “more gooder” than the others!! To me, it makes me want to buy it to feel like a kid again! Emotions are controlled by the frontal lobe of the brain. Some of the important functions that the frontal lobe does when I watch the ad is emotional expression, memory, and judgement. It is considered our “control panel” of our personality. When watching this commercial, it brings back happy memories from my childhood of going to candy stores with my grandparents. This memory is caused by the amygdala. The emotional significance attached to this memory and experience is mediated by the amygdala in my brain. It integrates my emotions, my emotional behavior, and my motivation for wanting to buy these specific types of gummy bears. This commercial is brilliant because it hits towards emotions of the potential buyers. Most of us would love to go back to our childhood and eat all the candy we can without have to worry about all the calories I always love this ad because it makes me laugh and smile every time!!

The link to enjoy this wonderful commercial!!

No comments:

Post a Comment