Tuesday, December 1, 2020

Reaching Out to Potential OTs

 I have a passion for the field of occupational therapy and I believe it is so important to share what OT is and how you can become one. I have had so many doctors and nurses say to me that they need more OTs now that we are in a pandemic. They tell me how vital a role they play in the recovery process for patients. I personally believe that the job demand will be great in 2021 for occupational therapist. I love telling anyone I can about OT and how I love being a student in this field. I post things on my facebook monthly about occupational therapy. I even tried to recruit a friend of mine to apply to UTHSC OT program based on the post she saw me sharing on facebook. It is amazing the world we live in with technology. There are so many ways to reach people now. If I didn't share multiple post about our program and what OT is, I don't think my friend would have been interested in the field of occupational therapy. She used to want to be a physical therapist and had no clue what an OT did until she asked me. She was amazed at the things we could do because she felt those were the things she was missing when looking into PT. It is so good to see how Facebook can help tell people about the field of occupational therapy. 

Here are some examples of the thing I post on Facebook about OT and our school!







No comments:

Post a Comment